Glasgow Guild Antiques & Restoration Ltd
- Purpose of this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice covers Glasgow Guild Antiques & Restoration Limited which is registered as a limited company in Scotland with Companies House registration number SC652823. The Glasgow Guild recognises the importance of your privacy and this Notice sets out the way in which we will use, disclose and protect your personal information.
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data is any information relating to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
- Who are we?
Glasgow Guild Antiques & Restoration Ltd is the data controller (contact details at the end of this notice). This means that we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. GGA&R may change this policy from time to time and any such changes will be published on our website. Notwithstanding any change to this policy, we will continue to process your personal data in accordance with your rights and our obligations in law.
- How do we process your personal data?
We collect data necessary for the Glasgow Guild Antiques & Restoration to pursue its business as a retailer and restorer of antique furniture and soft furnishings.
In furtherance of this we will use your personal data for one or more of the following purposes depending on the way in which you are connected to, engage with, or avail of the services we provide:
- To run the central administration of the business;
- To maintain contact details for customers or interested parties;
- To provide information about news, events, classes or new releases;
- For administration and related purposes with regard to those who have subscribed to Guild publications and social media;
- For the purpose of events management;
- For the purpose of responding to queries;
- To manage properties owned or occupied by Glasgow Guild Antiques & Restoration Ltd;
- To manage recruitment processes and train, support, administer personnel procedures and provide a central payroll in respect of employees;
- For the administration and support for users of IT resources;
- To manage the central finances of Glasgow Guild Antiques & Restoration Ltd including the payment of expenses/invoices, the payment of wages & salaries and the recoding of income.
- For the fulfilment of contractual, regulatory compliance and legal obligations
- To respond to general enquiries;
Data collected and processed may include, but not be limited to:
- name and title;
- contact information including email address;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- Sensitive data* may be collected where necessary for safeguarding purposes, or for employment purposes, or where required by law.
* Article 9 GDPR defines sensitive data as information about an individual’s race, ethnic origin, politics, religion, trade union membership, genetics, biometrics (where used for ID purposes), health, sex life, or sexual orientation.
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Organisations are permitted to process data if they have a legal basis for doing so. Glasgow Guild Antiques & Restoration Ltd processes data on the basis that:
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Glasgow Guild Antiques & Restoration Ltd or a third party except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject; and/or
- Express and informed consent has been given by the person whose data is being processed; and/or
- It is necessary in relation to a contract or agreement which the person has entered into or because the person has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract or agreement; and/or
- There is a legal obligation on Glasgow Guild Antiques & Restoration Ltd to process data; and/or
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of a data subject or another person.
Where we process special category sensitive data (under Article 9 of the GDPR) we process data on the basis that:
- Explicit consent has been given by the person whose data is being processed; and/or
- It is necessary for Glasgow Guild Antiques & Restoration Ltd to carrying out its obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement; and/or
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of a data subject or another individual where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent; and/or
- Glasgow Guild Antiques & Restoration Ltd is a business organisation and the processing relates only to those who have regular contact with it in connection with its purposes, and no disclosure is made to a third party without consent of the person whose data is being processed; and/or
- Processing is necessary for archiving purposes in the public interest, or scientific and historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
- Data Integrity and Security
We comply with our obligations under data protection regulations by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
- Sharing your personal data
Your data will not be shared outside of Glasgow Guild Antiques & Restoration Ltd, except where required to do so by law, or with trusted third parties (mailing, cloud storage, printing etc.), and only once satisfied that any such use of data will accord with this policy. Explicit, informed consent will be sought from individuals whenever and wherever required in accordance with data protection legislation.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
Glasgow Guild Antiques & Restoration Ltd will only retain your personal data for as long as it is legitimately required to fulfil the purpose or purposes for which it is required. This will include compliance with statutory retention periods.
We will regularly review the data we hold and securely delete or destroy any personal data that is no longer necessary for processing.
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- To run the central administration of Glasgow Guild Antiques & Restoration Ltd;
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Glasgow Guild Antiques & Restoration Ltd hold about you;
- The right to request that Glasgow Guild Antiques & Restoration Ltd correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Glasgow Guild Antiques & Restoration Ltd to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that Glasgow Guild Antiques & Restoration Ltd provide you with your personal data and, where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
- Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the Data Protection Coordinator at:
Glasgow Guild Antiques & Restoration Ltd
265 Renfrew Street
+44 (0)141 230 7845
- Glasgow Guild Antiques & Restoration Ltd is registered with the Information Commissions Officer (United Kingdom). Their contact details are:
The Information Commissioners Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Post: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF
Cookies are small packets of information stored by a web browser on your computer. There are two main types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies.
Session cookies are removed from your computer when you close your browser and are mainly used, for example, to store information about the items in your shopping basket.
Persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until they are deleted or when they reach their expiry date. This type of cookie is often used to anonymously track your activity on a website so the website owner can analyse the data to see if there are ways they can improve their website.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies, however, blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.
Managing cookies for each browser differs, so we have provided links to more detailed information for some the more popular browsers: